FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT OUTDOOR CQB AT IT'S BEST!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT OUTDOOR CQB AT IT'S BEST!

FOXTROT 
FOXTROT 58 AIRSHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
BOOK FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY OR ANY OTHER CELEBRATION****HURRY BOOK NOW!
SITE MEMBERSHIP = UNDER 18'S £35.00 PER YEAR...OVER 18'S £65.00 PER YEAR...CHECK SITE AND FORUM FOR DETAILS
DON'T MISS OUT..GET YOUR FIX EVERY SUNDAY AT FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT
like buttons
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
TAKE AIM CUP BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS 2009
FPS LIMITS 31131055ejy4aa9c
Website Hit Counters
Top posters
BIG SAM (2388)
FPS LIMITS I_vote_lcapFPS LIMITS I_voting_barFPS LIMITS I_vote_rcap 
sniperman (1040)
Fester (893)
The-Dude (795)
Ross (701)
Gazz (687)
Dazzle (610)
ricky3417 (597)
33lima (568)
tazj (527)

FPS LIMITS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BIG SAM
SITE OWNER & ADMIN
SITE OWNER & ADMIN
BIG SAM

Location* : BALLYCARRY , GUNS OWNED-L1A1 SLR ,GPMG ,66MM LAW ,L96 SNIPER RIFLE

Character sheet
1:

FPS LIMITS Empty
PostSubject: FPS LIMITS   FPS LIMITS I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:19 am

Over the past month we have been carrying out some tests on weapons being used at the site regarding FPS limits. It was brought to our attention a few months ago that FPS readings between different chronographs were greatly misleading. As you know we took it upon ourselves to investigate the problem, we have determined that the chronographs are not at fault here but the weapons themselves. As you arrive on site your weapons are chronoed before you play, due to the cold temperature this is giving a false reading on the chronograph as the rubber surrounding the piston head has shrank. After a few hours of use the rubber on the piston head expands therefore creating a tighter seal in the piston and increasing the FPS of your weapon. We have carried out continues testing over the past month in all conditions, the average climb in FPS is 17.5 fps. If you have a weapon that is firing over 310fps in the morning you can be nearly guaranteed that it will climb above the legal limit by lunch time. You may think that's ok as your weapons sit for an hour and cool down again, this is not the case as further testing revealed that the FPS climbed up again in the afternoon.
Due to the testing there will be a slight change in the rules regarding FPS limits at the site.
From 1st January 2014 the site will be reducing the limit for all AEG's from 328fps to 310fps.
Testing will continue until the end of the year, while we try to eliminate any weapons which are climbing over the legal limit due to the cold weather climate.
We realize that this decision may cause some controversy from certain players but this measure has been taken for site and player safety and to make sure that all weapons on site are legal no matter what the weather conditions are.
If you are unsure of the FPS of your weapon you can bring it to the site to be tested. Downgrades are being charged at half price(£10.00) until 1st January 2014.
If we can't downgrade your weapon on the day you will be offered a rental weapon free of charge. If you are returning and have failed to have your weapon downgraded after we have advised you to there will be a charge of £10.00 for any rental weapons handed out. That is a fare option to make sure YOUR gun remains within the legal limit.  
Back to top Go down
http://foxtrot58airsoft.wix.com/airsoft
BIG SAM
SITE OWNER & ADMIN
SITE OWNER & ADMIN
BIG SAM

Location* : BALLYCARRY , GUNS OWNED-L1A1 SLR ,GPMG ,66MM LAW ,L96 SNIPER RIFLE

Character sheet
1:

FPS LIMITS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPS LIMITS   FPS LIMITS I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 6:13 am

Just to clarify the legal limit on all airsoft weapons it is 328fps at all times, not just in the morning or at whatever time you have been chronographed. The 310fps limit set by the site is to ensure you stay within the legal requirement of 328fps.
Back to top Go down
http://foxtrot58airsoft.wix.com/airsoft
tazj
SERGANT
SERGANT
tazj

Location* : bangor by the sea

Character sheet
1:

FPS LIMITS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPS LIMITS   FPS LIMITS I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:29 am

Plz for the sake of my eyeballs never use that color again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FPS LIMITS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FPS LIMITS   FPS LIMITS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FPS LIMITS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT OUTDOOR CQB AT IT'S BEST! :: FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT :: SITE NEWS-
Jump to: