FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT OUTDOOR CQB AT IT'S BEST!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT OUTDOOR CQB AT IT'S BEST!

FOXTROT 
FOXTROT 58 AIRSHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
BOOK FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY OR ANY OTHER CELEBRATION****HURRY BOOK NOW!
SITE MEMBERSHIP = UNDER 18'S £35.00 PER YEAR...OVER 18'S £65.00 PER YEAR...CHECK SITE AND FORUM FOR DETAILS
DON'T MISS OUT..GET YOUR FIX EVERY SUNDAY AT FOXTROT 58 AIRSOFT
like buttons
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
TAKE AIM CUP BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS 2009
After Action Report - Op Black Tide 31131055ejy4aa9c
Website Hit Counters
Top posters
BIG SAM (2388)
After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_vote_lcapAfter Action Report - Op Black Tide I_voting_barAfter Action Report - Op Black Tide I_vote_rcap 
sniperman (1040)
After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_vote_lcapAfter Action Report - Op Black Tide I_voting_barAfter Action Report - Op Black Tide I_vote_rcap 
Fester (893)
The-Dude (795)
Ross (701)
Gazz (687)
Dazzle (610)
ricky3417 (597)
33lima (568)
tazj (527)

After Action Report - Op Black Tide

Go down 
+6
Dazzle
Chris
BIG SAM
sniperman
Gazz
33lima
10 posters
AuthorMessage
33lima
SERGANT
SERGANT
33lima

Location* : Belfast

After Action Report - Op Black Tide Empty
PostSubject: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:15 am

I dunno what anyone else thinks; but for me, and despite the crap weather arriving half-way through the night, Op Black Tide was bloody mega, Foxtrot 58's best night op yet! Well done all concerned, especially the boys of the Balkan Special Forces Team Radic, who just kept on going and deservedly came out on top. This is my report of the event, as seen from the particular standpoint of the Platoon Commander, Team Radic, Balkan Special Forces.

The local militia had cleared the "enemy" civilians from the village of Pristina, ready for re-occupation by their own population, But NATO had reacted by deploting 2 Para's Recce Platoon to a patrol base nearby in Top Field and Bunker Hill. Team Radic was deployed to neutralise the Paras. It quickly set up its own patrol base east of Old Farm, about 400m NE of Pistrina. Tents were set up, latrine dug, and sentry and stand-to positions established.

Team Radic was organised in 3 sections led by Cpls Mehringer, Ralph and Michael, with a smaller platoon HQ comprising Lt Ivor as Platoon Commander, C/Sgt Ryan as Platoon Sergeant and Sgt Ross as deputy Pl Sgt. Operating a 2-hour rota, Sections would initially alternate between recce's of the enemy base or Pristina, and ambushes to catch any enemy patrols, with one section on rest and stag after midnight. Betwee 0400 and 0600 a raid was to be launched to kill or capture the enemy plaltoon commander. Bewteen 0600 and 0800, having broken camp, the complete platoon would mount a first light attack and destroy the enemy patrol base altogether.

Untill about 0300 the night was dry and visibility was quite good, under a thin overcast. The first patrols were tasked - 1 Section was to recce Top Field and Bunker Hill, 2 Section was to set up an ambush covering the steps at the NE corner of Bunker Hill, 3 Section was to recce Bunker Hill Gate and the Concrete Footbridge, and Pl HQ was to recce the N and W sides of Top Field. Main aim was to establish enemy dispositions and routine, including the location of their own platoon HQ. Having gained as much information as they could, patrols were to harass the enemy by firing on their base before disappearing back into the darkness.

The first set of missions could hardly have been more successful. Pl HQ infiltrated silently right up to the enemy's tents. From the other side of a hedge, literally only feet away, they listened in as the enemy platoon sergeant briefed his men. Little did he realise, he was also briefing his enemy!  They learned the layout of the Para base, their password, the locations of two planned OPs, and details of patrol tasking. At this point the enemy briefing was rudely interrupted by one of the other Balkan SF patrols opening harrassing fire. Taking full adavntage of the confusion this caused, Pl HQ backed off, then worked its way quietly back in from another direction. This time, they infiltrated right up to the perimeter of Bunker Hill, in the process locating the enemy platoon HQ, in one of the bunkers. Earlier, Pl HQ had resisted the temptation to open up over the hedge, as getting the inforamtion they'd come for, was more important than a few early kills, satisfying thought they would have been. Now, they debated making an early attempt to raid the enemy HQ, but, having spotted at least one enemy amidst the trees overlooking the bunkers, decided not to risk spoiling the main "kidnap" effort later, whose route in they were now recce-ing. Delighted with such a rich bag of information gathered from right under the un-knowing enemy's noses, they gleefully melted away in the darkness and slipped back to their own patrol base. There, sentries were found to be alert and challenging correctly, if a bit loudly. The other patrols were all back in, and debriefing followed. The position of the enemy HQ was confirmed by other patrols, who had had an equally profitable night, although 3 Section's ambush had not been sprung and they were keen to get out on a recce themselves, and see some action. Their wish was soon to be granted!

Routine at base was briefly interrupted by a sudden burst of incoming fire out of the darkness, hitting one man but mostly going high or wide. "Contact left - down at the corner! Stand to!". One of the enemy was standing foolishly out in the open the other side of fence, clearly visible as a black form against the grey. He disappeared under a hail of return fire, while his buddies retreated into the darkness, having met a strong and rapid response. A surge of sheep downhill out on the left indicated the route some may have taken. A few minutes later it was "Stand down!" Apart from another alert a short time later - a false alarm this time - there was no other interruption to camp routine, and troops were able to brew up and get down some rations undisturbed by the enemy.

After a quiet start, the next set of patrols had a more exciting time. From the camp, it was obvious the brown stuff had hit the fan. There was a sudden outbreak of firing, weapons popping and rattling in the darknesss, probably under 200 metres away. Cries and shouts confirmed one of the Balkan patrols was in a spirited engagement with the enemy. Night sights spotted figures moving about near a hedgerow running N-S, about 150m away. The sounds of the battle seemed to drift south, then die back, then pick up again and drift closer. From the sheer volume and sustained length of the firefight, it sounded like both Cpl Ralph's and Cpl Mehringer's patrols might be in the thick of it. Re-inforcements moved out in support, and disappeared into the darkness. Eventually, the firing died down, and queit returned.

With limited usable radios, what had happened was not clear until the patrols returned, but when it came, the news was worth waiting for! Lt Murary, the enemy platoon commander whose capture was the Balkan SF's main aim, had been grabbed and was on his way back! Sure enough, down the track in the darkess, there he was, a limp form carried by four Balkan SF troopers. Perhaps the English officer had too much Gin and Tonic before leaving the Mess that day? Perhaps indeed, for he spent the rest of the battle sleeping it off.

The story behind this exciting development was simple enough. As the firefight had swept back and forth, Cpl Mehringer's patrol, knowing from the earlier reccies where the enemy HQ was, had taken the opportunity to slip into Bunker Field. The patrol had got right up to the HQ bunker, snatched the enemy leader, and dragged hin back to base! Complete success, well ahead of plan, due to a combination of effective reconnaisance, good teamwork and boldness. Patience had paid off, the initiative had been well and truly siezed, and the Paras had been caught with their pants down, for the second time that night! No wonder Team Radic's patrols had heard the enemy platoon sergeant swearing angrily at one of his section commanders!

The Balkan Special Forces could now settle down, knowing that the main objective was theirs and that they needed just to destroy the enemy base  to complete their victory- though this would be a major job in itself. And the enemy were surely likely to try to recapture their leader. At this point, about 0300, the weather intervened;  the rain started, and soon became a relentless downpour, Forecasts it would clear after a few hours were wrong; it just kept on raining steadily.

More because they'd met their main objective than because of the weather, Team Radic scaled back operations. Both guards and patrols were still mounted, though. No. 3 Section, having misssed out on most of the earlier action, were still keen to get some kills, so out they went. Cpl Michael's boys' perseverance was soon rewarded; they succeeded in surpising a group of the enemy, sheltering in the back of a truck near Bunker Hill. They poured fire into the vehicle, hitting at least two. Later, with the rain still coming down, Pl HQ crept out again to recce a route for the dawn attack. Earlier, Ivor and Ross had retraced their original patrol route and had made a harrassing attack on the enemy tents in Top Field from close range, causing at least two casualties. This time, skirting the deserted village of Pristina to the north, and with Ryan now back with them, they moved south along hedgerows, checked fordable routes over the swollen stream, and then repeated the attack on the truck near Bunker Hill. This now seemed unoccupied after the earlier strike by 3 Section. Pulling back south, and again using hedgerows to hinder detection by enemy night sights, they approached the southern edge of Top Field. They found the enemy camp there was dark and silent, except for the steady hiss of falling rain and the rustle of the nearby stream in full flood. To harrass the enemy now, from this location,  could compromise the later platoon attack. So they pulled back as quietly as they had come, arriving back at patrol base about 0445.

Plans for the dawn attack were now put into high gear. Camp was rapidly struck despite the darkness and rain. Tents and bergens were packed, and all signs of presence removed. The platoon moved out and dumped kit in Killhouse Cottage on the edge of Pistrina. Elements of 2 and 3 Sections remained there to rest and on guard. After a quick rehearsal on the dark, wet lane outside, Platoon HQ and 1 Section moved off in single file, re-inforced by members of 2 and 3 Sections who were keen not to miss out on the final mission. A long, damp trudge followed, over the route recced earlier by Pl HQ. The most tense phase was the leg west up the hedgrrow beside the stream, directly towards the truck near Bunker Hill. The concrete foorbridge there was the only practical way to cross the swollen stream. While Pl HQ's earlier recce had shown the way was clear, could the enemy have re-occupied that important position? The long file of men advanced more slowly, any sound they made drowned out by the low roar of the rushing water from the steam alongside which they moved. Up to within 20m of the truck, just a dark shadow ahead; still no reaction!  Then swinging left, away from the enemy now, across the footbridge and melting away into the darkness, towards the hedge at the south end of the field. Reaching the hedge, the long file turned right and moved west, hugging the hedge till they met the roadside hedge cutting it at right-angles. As per the rehearsal, a halt, then a right turn, brougth the two files into line abreast,  formed up for the attack. Pl HQ's line was on the left, 1 Section's line on the right. A quick discussion was held. It was now about 0630 and the light was steadily improving. There was no need to lie down in dead ground on the sodden grass, to wait for the right moment to launch the attack. That moment was now!

At a signal from the Platoon Commander, the two lines began an advance to contact, at walking pace. They were to start pepper-potting only when the enemy reacted. First objective was the straggly hedgerow 100m straight ahead. From there, Platoon HQ on the left would clear the enemy tent line, running along the hedge which was the attack's left-hand boundary. To Pl HQ's rght, 1 Section would advance into the middle of Top Field, providing both fire support towards the enemy tent line to their left, but most importantly, covering the attack's open right flank from any enemy in the high tree line to the right. Once Pl HQ had killed the enemy in the tent line, they would wheel right, behind 1 Section's base of fire, and move east along the next hedgerow. They would dip down into the gully, cross the stream via the wooden footbridge, and finally clear the bunkers on the other side, from left to right. Meanwhile, 1 Section would adavnce and provide fire support against the bunker line, from positions the treeline facing them across the stream.

That was the plan, and that was pretty well how it panned out. The two lines moved on towards the invisible enemy. Eyes scaned the straggly hedgerow ahead, for signs of sentries. Still no enemy reaction! Right up to the hedgerow they went, then through it with hardly a pause. In the growing light, the enemy tentline could now be seen quite clearly, with not a soul in sight. While 1 Section deployed in the centre of the field, Pl HQ swept up to the tents and a solitary sleeping bag, a man or two stopping at the end of each. At the same moment, half a dozen muzzles were poked througth tent flaps, and the enemy camp was taken, its occupants shot where they slept, paying the price for their indiscipline in the bad weather.

So far, so good. But Bunker Hill still to be cleared. Team Radic re-organised quickly and swept down on it like a pack of hungry wolves out of the disappearing darkness. As planned, Pl HQ moved quickly down into the gully and across the stream, covered by 1 Section from the high treeline on their right. Pl HQ advanced uphill out of the gully, turned right again, then swept down the line of bunkers. All seemed empty. The last one, largest of the lot, had overhead cover. It was quickly cleared by firing bursts into its doorway and observation slits. One fire team cleared the truck nearby. Another team cleared the abandoned vehicles and the small field to the north-east, putting long bursts into likely enemy positions, unwilling to take any chances now that victory was so close. Not a round was fired in return; all the enemy had died in their tents. The battle was won.

The Paras had mounted some effective ops early on in the night, and probably gave as good as they got. But the battle had been played out entirely to Team Radic's tune. Their early reccies had laid bare the enemy's plans and dispositions. The Paras had traded blow for blow in the hours before the skies opened and the rains fell. But even before then, they had already dropped their guard, allowing a bold raid to slip in and seize their leader. While the Paras had then retired to their tents and slept out the rain, Team Radic had maintained its operations, mounting patrols as well as protecting its own base. The Paras "fought the good fight" and had some early successes but in the end, they paid the full price against their skillful and more determined opponents; "When the going gets tough, the tough get going".

Congratulations and well played played Team Radic, better luck next time, the Paras!

And thanks to Sam for another truly memorable Foxtrot 58 airsoft event!

Last edited by 33lima on Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Gazz
SERGANT
SERGANT
Gazz

Location* : Ballymena

Character sheet
1:

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 9:21 am

Unknown to the balkin forces they did not get the information that the paras commander had hiden on them. So their first objective was never completed. The paras spotter at the begining of the night foiled a enemy attack on the base and was able to make plans to repel and make contact with the enemy. Due to the enemies third rate maths lesson they did not spot the surviving members of paras that creeped away when the enemies backs were turned to later return to revenge the deaths of their friends and brothers in arms.
Back to top Go down
33lima
SERGANT
SERGANT
33lima

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:04 am

Gazz wrote:
Unknown to the balkin forces they did not get the information that the paras commander had hiden on them. So their first objective was never completed. The paras spotter at the begining of the night foiled a enemy attack on the base and was able to make plans to repel and make contact with the enemy. Due to the enemies third rate maths lesson they did not spot the surviving members of paras that creeped away when the enemies backs were turned to later return to revenge the deaths of their friends and brothers in arms.

Nice little fantasy there Gaz. While you dreamt that, snug in your tent, we kicked your Para asses well and truly Smile
Back to top Go down
Gazz
SERGANT
SERGANT
Gazz

Character sheet
1:

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:19 am

In my tent there were 5 men only three were killed.
Back to top Go down
sniperman
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN
sniperman

Location* : templepatrick, guns owned,custom star l1a1, barret m82, tanaka browning hi power, ares sa80 ugl, tokyo marui p226,de tri shot shotgun,jg mp5a5 and ics mp5a4. looking for glock 17

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:47 am

SORE LOSSERS !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BIG SAM
SITE OWNER & ADMIN
SITE OWNER & ADMIN
BIG SAM

Location* : BALLYCARRY , GUNS OWNED-L1A1 SLR ,GPMG ,66MM LAW ,L96 SNIPER RIFLE

Character sheet
1:

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:42 am

THE PARA PERSPECTIVE......................

THE NIGHT STARTED OF WELL, WITH THE PARA'S MOVING INTO THEIR HARBOUR AREA.EVERYONE ONE WAS KEEN TO GET INTO THE FIGHT BUT CAMP HAD TO BE SET UP FIRST.AFTER THE TENTS WERE PITCHED WE SORTED OUT ARE ROUTINE AND BRIEF FOR THE NIGHT.
1 SECTION LEAD BY MYSELF WERE TO TAKE THE FIRST HOURS REST.2 SECTION WERE TO TAKE UP POSITION IN THE DEFENCIVE AREA AND 3 SECTION TOOK ON THE DUTIES OF QRF.
THE QRF WERE GIVEN THEIR ORDERS ON CONTACT,THEY WERE TO MOVE TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE HARBOUR AREA AND FLANK LEFT TO CUT OF ANY ENEMY APPROACH.
NO SOONER THAN THE ORDERS HAD BEEN GIVEN THE FIRST CONTACT ARRIVED.2 SECTION LEAD BY COLM ,WERE HIT IN THE DEFENCIVE POSITION.THE ENEMY MOVED IN FROM LEFT TO RIGHT SWEEPING THROUGH THE POSITION.AT THIS STAGE THE QRF BOOMED OUT,BUT SEEMED TO GET THEIR LEFT AND RIGHT HANDS CONFUSSED AS THEY WENT STRAIGHT TO THE BRIDGE ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE.AFTER A LOT OF ARM WAVING AND SHOUTING THEY WERE PUT BACK ON COURSE.I ALONG WITH 2 SECTION 2IC L/CPL ADDE MOVED DOWN TOWARDS THE RIVER CROSSING.ON ARRIVAL THE ENEMY WERE SPOTTED TRYING TO ESCAPE VIA THE 4 TONNE TRUCK.ONE BY ONE THE ENEMY CLIMBED THE GATE AND ONE BY ONE THEY FELL TO THE SHOTS RINGING OUT FROM MY SLR.THE LAST MAN OVER THE GATE WAS 3 SECTIONS COMMANDER CARRYING OUR COMMANDER,TWO WELL AIMED SHOTS RANG OUT AND HE WAS DOWN.2 SECTIONS COMMANDER CAME DOWN AND HELPED THE COMMANDER BACK TO THE COMMAND POST AS THE ENEMY WERE SENT ON THEIR WAY.
THE RADIO MESSAGE WAS SENT OUT THAT ALL WAS WELL AND EVERYONE ONE SHOULD RESUME NORMAL DUTIES.
ON OUR WAY BACK TO THE HARBOUR AREA L/CPL ADDE NOTICED MEN ON THE HORIZON.AS WE WERE PLACED WITH OUR BACKS TO THE TREE LINE THEY DID NOT NOTICE OUR MOVEMENTS.WE WAITED WHILE THIS GROUP STARTED TO HEAD WEST TOWARDS OUR HARBOUR AREA.I THEN RADIOED AHEAD TO 2 AND 3 SECTION TO MOUNT AN AMBUSH ON OUR COMPLETE SOUTHERN PERIMMITER.WE THEN DROPPED IN BEHIND THE ENEMY SECTION AND FOLLOWED THEM ON THEIR PATH.CRACK ,CRACK, CRACK THE PARAS AMBUSH WAS A SUCSESS.2 AND 3 SECTION OPENED UP ON THE ENEMY AS SOON AS THEY CAME INTO RANGE.THE ENEMY HIT THE DECK AND RETURNED FIRE.L/CPL ADDE THEN COVERED MY ADVANCE TOWARDS THE ENEMY WHO WERE NOW LYING DOWN TAKING FIRE.I APPROACHED FROM THE REAR,CRACK,ONE ENEMY SOLDIER HAD JUST BEEN TAKEN OUT BY 2 AND 3 SECTION I DROPPED DOWN AS HE PASSED TO RETURN TO HIS ERV.BACK ON MY FEET AGAIN I MOVED TO THE REAR MAN.I ASKED IN A FRIENDLY VOICE "HAVE YOU GOT A TARGET", HE REPLIED "THEY ARE IN THE TREE LINE" .I THEN TOLD HIM HE MISSED ONE ,HE SAID WHERE, I SAID HERE " BANG YOUR DEAD".
ONE BY ONE THE ENEMY TROOPS WERE TAKEN OUT IN THE SAME FASHION.I DASHED FORWARD TO MY FRONT LINE AND CALLED CEASE FIRE ALLS WELL.
THE ENEMY WERE NOW IN FULL RETREAT.
DUTIES RESUMED AS NORMAL IN THE CAMP.1 SECTION WERE NOW ON QRF,2 SECTION WERE ON REST AND 3 SECTION TOOK OVER DUTIES IN THE TRENCH AREA.AFTER A 15MIN TOUR OF THE HARBOUR AREA I GOT 1 SECTION AND DEPLOYED THEM ON PATROL.WE WERE TO PATROL THE OUTER FIELDS SURROUNDING OUR AREA.WE MOVED DOWN THE TREE LINE TOWARDS THE TURN IN THE RIVER.ON NEARING OUR FIRST RV ONE OF THE MEN HEARD A NOISE,THE SECTION DROPPED TO THE EDGE OF THE RIVER BED.I THEN WENT TO EACH MAN AND TOLD THEM TO BACK UP AND CROSS THE BRIDGE AND CONTINUE EAST ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE RIVER.THE FIRST 3 MEN CROSSED OVER AND HEADED EAST.CRACK, CRACK,CRACK CONTACT AGAIN.THE REST OF THE SECTION TRIED TO REPELL THE INVADERS.ONE BY ONE MY MEN WERE HIT AND WERE FALLING BACK.I CROSSED THE RVER IN THE DARKNESS AND SET MYSELF UP.THE ENEMY TROOPS HAD NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE ABOUT TO WALK INTO.CRACK CRACK CRACK.THE ENEMY WERE NOW ON THE BACK FOOT ,FALLING BACK AS THEY WENT.MY SECTION REGROUPED AND STARTED TO HEAD BACK TO OUR POSITION.WITH NIGHT VISSION ON I SCANNED THE AREA TO MY FRONT.YET AN OTHER ENEMY PATROL HEADING TOWARDS OUR POSITION.I PLACED A GUN GROUP TO OUR REAR TO CUT OF ANY ENEMY RETREAT AND TOOK TWO MEN IN FOR THE ASSULT.THE ENEMY SEEMED TO BE POORLY EQUIPED AS THEY DID NOT SEEM TO HAVE NIGHT VISSION EQUIPMENT.WE MOVED WITH IN 50 METERS OF THEIR POSITION.I CONTACTED 3 SECTION WHO WERE LOCATED JUST ABOVE THE ENEMY.I TOLD THEM OF THE DANGER AND GOT THEM TO QUITELY MOVE INTO POSITION.WE MOVED FORWARD ANOTHER 20 METERS.TWO MEN WERE LOOKING STRAIGHT AT US AND THE REST OF THE SECTION WERE SCANING THE TREE LINE TO SPOT OUR MEN.THE ORDER WAS GIVEN TO 3 SECTION TO OPEN FIRE TO DISTRACT THE ENEMY FROM OUR WHERE ABOUTS.AS PLANNED THE ENEMY TROOPS ALL TURNED TOWARDS THE GUN FIRE.WE WRE NOW ON OUR FEET RUNNING FORWARD,HEARST POUNDING AND FINGERS ON TRIGGERS.NEEDLESS TO SAY THE FIRE FIGHT THAT FOLLOWED WAS QUICK AND SWIFT.THE ENEMY FORCES WERE PUSHED BACK YET AGAIN.
THE CALL WENT IN "ALL CLEAR" .1 SECTION REGROUPED YET AGAIN.WE WERE FRUSTRATED THAT THE ENEMY TROOPS HAD SO MUCH FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT,SO WE DECIDED TO TAKE THE FIGHT RIGHT TO THE ENEMIES FRONT DOOR.
AGAIN 2 MEN WERE LEFT TO THE REAR TO PROVIDE COVER FOR OUR ESCAPE ROUTE.WE MOVED IN ,SINGLE FILE.WE GOT TO THE PERIMITTER OF THE ENEMY CAMP.AS WE TOOK UP FIRING POSITIONS WE COULD HEAR THE ENEMY BOAST OF THEIR EXPLOYETS.THIS MADE THE MISSION MORE ENJOYABLE.WE WERE NOW SITTING RIGHT UNDER THE ENEMIES NOSE.ONE MAN MOVED FORWARD,WEAPONS WERE AIMED .HE HEADED TOWARDS THE BUSHES.THIS POOR MAN WAS ABOUT TO TAKE THE WORST TOILET BREAK IN HIS LIFE.AS SOON AS HIS HANDS WERE FULL WE OPENED FIRE.HE WENT DOWN HOLDING AND SPRAYING HIS WEAPON.WHILE THE REST OF THE ENEMY FORCES RETREATED FURTHER INTO THEIR CAMP.THIS WAS A HIT AND RUN MISSION ,AND AS SOON AS WE HIT WE RAN.BY THE TIME THE ENEMY FORCES KNEW WHAT HAD HAPPNED WE WERE HALF WAY ACCROSS THE FIELD AND OUT OF DANGER.WE RADIOED AHEAD AND TOLD THE PLATOON OF OUR SUCSESSFUL RAID.WE WERE NOW ENTERING THE REAR OF OUR DEFENCIVE POSITION AFTER OUR RAID WHEN WE HEARD GUN FIRE COMING FROM THE SOUTH OF OUR POSITION.2 SECTION WERE NOW ENGAGING THE ENMY ,ALONG WITH MEMBERS OF 3 SECTION.I SENT MY MEN ACCROSS THE RIVER TO JOIN THE ATTACK.I THEN MOVED EAST TO THE BEND IN THE RIVER WERE I GOT INTO POSITION.THE FIRE FIGHT RAGED.THE PARAS WERE SCREAMING AS THEY CHARGED AT THE ENEMIES LINE,IT WAS RELENTLESS AND SEEMED TO GO ON FOR EVER.THE ENEMY FINALY STARTED TO FALL BACK TOWARDS THE RIVER.THEY CROSSED THE RIVER IN FULL RETREAT.ONE BY ONE THEY LEFT THE RIVER BED.I WAS NOW STUCK WHAT SHOULD I DO,THEY WERE TO WELL SPREAD TO TAKE THEM ON WITHOUT GIVING AWAY MY POSITION.TO MY SURPRISE THEY ALL GROUPED TOGETHER,THIS WAS AN OPERTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED,CRACK ,CRACK ,CRACK.MY SLR RANG OUT AS MEN WERE SENT RUNNING ACCROSS THE FIELDS CRYING OUT HIT,HIT,HIT.
I RETURNED TO BASE WERE I GOT A WELL EARNED CUP OF COFFEE,THIS WAS ONLY THE FIRST TWO HOURS OF THE OPERATION AND IF THIS WAS ANY THING TO GO BY IT WAS GOING TO BE A HARD ,HARD FIGHT.
Back to top Go down
http://foxtrot58airsoft.wix.com/airsoft
sniperman
CAPTAIN
CAPTAIN
sniperman

Location* : templepatrick, guns owned,custom star l1a1, barret m82, tanaka browning hi power, ares sa80 ugl, tokyo marui p226,de tri shot shotgun,jg mp5a5 and ics mp5a4. looking for glock 17

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 10:49 am

like the way you have left out the bit where me and ross got you. good reports guys
Back to top Go down
Gazz
SERGANT
SERGANT
Gazz

Character sheet
1:

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:23 am

Correcting our 1section commander it was not adde it was me you who assisted you at the bridge Sam and spotted the enemy on the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NOOB
NOOB
Chris

Location* : Ballycarry

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 9:42 pm

Yea we won!! murray was captured by our section in the balkans wat ever happened to the documents!!! After Action Report - Op Black Tide Icon_scratch Para wer all away frm the trench lol After Action Report - Op Black Tide Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
33lima
SERGANT
SERGANT
33lima

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 7:56 am

sniperman wrote:
like the way you have left out the bit where me and ross got you. good reports guys

Yeah he also left out coming back to base to find his commander had been snatched and that the Balkan SF really DID have plenty to brag about; then waking up to find an AK muzzle pointing into his tent flap as it all finally went tits up for the Maroon Machine.

Good report tho, like I said the Paras fought the good fight for the first couple of hours, the firefights were terrific.
Back to top Go down
Dazzle
SERGANT
SERGANT
Dazzle

Location* : Larne

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:09 am

would have probably helped if there was camp guardians, even just two guys that would be awake to rouse the camp in an attack.
Back to top Go down
Dazzle
SERGANT
SERGANT
Dazzle

Location* : Larne

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 8:09 am

then again that is probably easier said than done
Back to top Go down
Gazz
SERGANT
SERGANT
Gazz

Character sheet
1:

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:06 am

The rain was so heavy you were drowned in seconds.
Back to top Go down
Mehringer
PRIVATE
PRIVATE
Mehringer

Location* : Ballymoney. Weapons - H&K G36K RAS, H&K USP Compact, AKS 74, H&K USP 45, Kalash AKS74U, AGM M4A1, AGM MP44

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 9:14 am

33lima wrote:
like I said the Paras fought the good fight for the first couple of hours, the firefights were terrific.

Very true, the Para section guarding the camp (right flank) early on showed good discipline, holding fire until the last moment when my section (Section 1, Balkan SF) were trying to reach the cover of the hedge, well done whoever they were.

I agree with Sam regarding the lack of equipment on the Balkan side, particularly Night Vision/Comms,

(Still managed to win though) After Action Report - Op Black Tide Icon_cool

All in all well done to the young guys on both sides for sticking it out in extremely poor conditions.

Special thanks to those in Section 1 Balkan SF for not complaining when I led them through a stream (twice), a thorn hedge (twice), a bog (once) and then volunteered them for Sentry Duty rather than resting up. After Action Report - Op Black Tide Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
ricky3417
SERGANT
SERGANT
ricky3417

Location* : Carrickfergus

Character sheet
1:

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 10:28 am

Nice after reports guys which one tells the truth??????..............

both of them!!!.......... from the eyes of two teams determined to win

as i said great reports.............lol
Back to top Go down
Ross
SERGANT
SERGANT
Ross

Location* : ballycarry

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 12:35 pm

i have to agree with ricky on this one

great report guys

well done to ever one that took part Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikey w
NOOB
NOOB
mikey w

Location* : islandmagee

Character sheet
1:

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:42 am

ivor dat was me you pointed the gun to scared the crap out of me lol
Back to top Go down
33lima
SERGANT
SERGANT
33lima

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 6:51 am

mikey w wrote:
ivor dat was me you pointed the gun to scared the crap out of me lol

That was the idea After Action Report - Op Black Tide Alien After Action Report - Op Black Tide Alien After Action Report - Op Black Tide Alien After Action Report - Op Black Tide Alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Action Report - Op Black Tide   After Action Report - Op Black Tide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

After Action Report - Op Black Tide
Page 1 of 1